Monday, March 15, 2010

I needed this yesterday

One thing I've learned is that God has a real sense of humor when it comes to answering prayers like, "Lord, please increase in me the virtue of patience." (humility is another killer, too) He's all to happy to provide AMPLE opporutnity for you to put that virtue in to practice.

Yesterday was one of those days for me. I'd decided to wait up for Tom to get home from work watching episodes of BBC's Robin Hood (and yes, I realize how stupid that sounds now that I type it out). Tom had been working overtime (night shift) for the past few weeks and our shedules have just been completely opposite, and I was beginning to feel like I never saw my husband, so I thought it would be great to be awake instead of dead to the world when he got home at 2 AM. Thanks, daylight savings - I thought that maybe he'd get to come home an hour earlier since the time was changing. Not so. :/

Anyway, because of my Robin Hood watching/waiting up for Tom I only got about 4 hours of sleep.

Then, for some unknown reason, Clare chose yesterday to assert her independence in a number of ways that sleepy Mommy found extremely challenging. The worst one for me? Screaming for 2 hours while I was hoping that she'd take a nap so that I could lie down as well.

Then today, along came this post from Simple Mom. Very timely.

No comments: