1. Some of our favorite rainy day activities:
- Creating landing pads for "cannonballs" off the bed or the couch
- Jumping on the beds while singing "5 Little Monkeys"
- Donning our "rainbow coats" (what Clare calls her raincoat) and going for a walk in the rain
- Finger painting
- Making "tents" around the house
- Chasing each other around the house
- Going to the library
- Dancing around the living room to The Wiggles
2. I've been reading a book called "It's So You" that starts with the fact 90% of American women only wear 25% of their wardrobe and sets out ot help you discover your three elements of style (body type, style personality, and color palette) in order to purge the things from your closet that simply don't work BEST for you and to be purposeful about buying clothing, shoes, accessories that you'll be crazy about and that will be truly flattering. I've loved simplifying, and to be honest, I've been a little surprised to find that the color palette that works best for my skin tone is completely different than what I thought. It's been fun!
3. Things to do while a movie is playing other than watch:
- play with the babies
- clean the kitchen
- make dinner/lunch
- tidy up the toddler mess
- change diapers
- nurse James
4. Having two little ones around now, I feel like I have truly embraced multi-tasking. The other night I nursed James, made dinner, got Clare busy fingerpainting, and returned a phone call at the same time.
5. The other night Clare hauled off and bit James. She's never been a biter; I don't know what possesed her to do this. I had to really fight the urge to bite her finger back, but instead I just locked her in her room for a time out and settled James down. She apologized and I think she felt really badly for hurting her baby brother - he was sure crying. Not 5 minutes later, I was getting the bath ready and had put James on my bed for literally 30 seconds while I started the water, and the poor little guy got his head stepped on! Clare had lost her balance trying to turn on our ceiling fan while standing on the bed. Rough night for James.
6. Tom's working crazy hours these days. It's hard on me and the babies - we miss him! But I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it all and be thankful that Tom is a hard worker and always, always, always says yes to overtime when it's available.
7. Mary and the boys are heading back to Louisiana tomorrow. :( We're going to go play this afternoon when Clare wakes up from her nap. It's been great having them here!