Saturday, February 6, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. Does 1 AM on Saturday still count as Friday night? I fell asleep nursing James in bed. Now I'm awake at 1 AM.

2. The other night after praying our Rosary, I turned the light off and started to leave the room so Clare could go to sleep. She started crying and wanted the light on because she couldn't "see Jesus Heart." We have an image of the Sacred Heart on the wall that she apparently wanted to be able to look at. That about made me cry it was so sweet.

3. James had his 4-month checkup today. He's 27 inches (96%) and 17 lbs. 14 oz. (92%). Pretty much just a chunker.

4. Don't you hate those days where you're so tired that you just feel literally like you're walking around in a fog? Even your eyes won't seem to focus.

5. I've decided to cut myself a little slack (not become a slacker...) in my prayer life. Yesterday I was so proud of myself - I got out of bed nice and early despite a shorter night of sleep than I'd have liked, got coffee going, and was relishing the fact that I could get some quiet time of meditation in. Not so. Both babies took turns waking up needing me, and by the time I got done taking care of both of them it was time for Clare to be up for the day. Argh. Moral of the story? I think that me responding lovingly and with patience to my children is more pleasing to Our Lord than if I'd allowed myself to become annoyed and dealt with them brusquely just because I wanted to get back to my time with Him.

6. I have an ingrown toenail. It hurts. And Clare keeps finding ways to step on me or run over me with her bike.

7. Six years ago this week, Tom and I went on our first date. Well, as Tim Herring always says, "Time flies when you're having kids!" So true...and I love Tom more now than I ever have.

No comments: