Friday, December 11, 2009

7 Quick Takes

Ok, so in lieu of a real post I'm going to jump on the 7 Quick Takes bandwagon so that maybe I'll be inspired to keep up on this blog - something I've not been good at...ever. We'll see how it goes.

1. We have a super cute Advent calendar in the shape of a Christmas tree that Clare loves. We put Hershey Kisses inside each of the little boxes and Clare gets to eat one every morning after her breakfast. Oh, the joy that a little chocolate can bring! She's her mama's daughter for sure.

2. Clare is getting ready for Christmas. Yesterday she was walking around singing, "Happy Birthday to you, Jesus!"

3. We love our nightly Rosary. Clare gets all her bears/babies lined up on the couch, little rocking chair, and baby swing, giving each and every one a little plastic Rosary (how did we end up with so many of these?). She is also in charge of making sure that everyone else has a Rosary as well. I have to say, though, that my favorite part of the Rosary is when Clare kneels down next to us and looks up at the crucifix on our wall as we pray.

4. James loves his sister. If he's at all fussy, all I have to do is ask Clare to go hold his hand and sing him a song. Almost inevitably he gets a big fat grin on his face. Sometimes, though, the crying continues and Clare runs over to me and says, "Not working, Mommy. James crying!"

5. We got our Christmas tree last weekend with my dad, Shannon, and her boyfriend Brian who was visiting from Virginia. It was awesome -- both babies had a total meltdown right as we were packing up to get in the car -- but it ended up being fun! We also got our lights hung outside, watched Christmas Vacation, drank Tom & Jerry's, and had dinner. A great day!

6. My house has had one of those weeks where I feel like I truly cannot keep up. Tom, thanks for your patience as I learn to juggle a toddler and an infant as well as keeping the house at least in working order, if not as neat & clean as I like it.

7. I'm thankful for babywearing. Nothing, truly nothing, would ever be done in this house without my sleepy wrap or sling. James is contentedly asleep on me right now, actually. Don't know what I'd do without it.

No comments: