Monday, October 15, 2007

I love Fall

Today has been one of those Fall days in Washington that I absolutely love. I'm not kidding -- I look forward to this time of year all year long. In fact, I find that in the last month or so of Summer, I am longing for gray skies, rain, and wind. Strange, I know.

A few years ago, while my sister Kristy was still home in High School and I was home from my coworker year with Regnum Christi, she and I would go for walks on nights like this. I was reminded of a particular walk we took tonight as Tom and I were driving home in the dark. It was raining like crazy and the wind was blowing leaves all over the place.

I missed my little sister a lot when I thought of that walk. We were cold when we got back, bright red cheeks, soaking wet, with an enormous leaf we had picked up and decided to keep for some reason (we named the leaf, but I can't remember the name right now.) Hot chocolate was, of course, in order. If Clare hadn't been cranky all the way home and needing attention when we got here, I think I would have bundled up and taken advantage of this beautiful Fall evening...Oh well, there's always tomorrow, because I think Fall is definitely upon us and here to stay for a while.

Want to take a walk with me, Kristy, when you come home for Thanksgiving? I love you!

No comments: