Sunday, September 23, 2007

Let the Children Come to Me


"Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them; and when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." Luke 18:15-17

Tom has been working overtime at the Shipyard the past week or so, which means that he's working 12 hours through the night. : ( It's hard not having him at home when I'm trying to get to sleep at night, but at the same time we are SO very thankful that God has given him this opportunity right now, as the extra income is helpful now that we are a single-income family with a baby. Our Lord always provides, doesn't He?

Anyway, because Tom was at work, Clare and I got to go do our Holy Hour this morning by ourselves. The gentleman who is there before us always stops to say hi before he leaves, and today he made the comment, "I bet Our Lord enjoys the visit from this little one more than any other throughout the day." It just made me think about how precious Clare is to Him...I hope that we made Christ smile by being there with Him.

No comments: