Thursday, August 16, 2007

Long time, no post

I realized the other day that it's been a while since we've posted something on here. Everything is going well...only 3 1/2 or so weeks to go until, as Tom says, "we'll have a little squishy kid rolling around here." Rolling probably won't happen for a while. But it still sounds funny. I'm still feeling great - can't really complain that much. I feel so spoiled.

My friend Nichole hosted a baby shower for me last weekend at my mom's house in Olympia, and it was great to have family and friends together in one place! Thank you to all who helped and attended. It really meant a lot to me. So, we have a great start on baby gear; the room is coming together nicely, and now all we're missing is the baby! We're both getting antsy to be able to see and hold our baby as well as nervous for the big day. God's grace will get us through it, though.

We have our "Birth Basics" class on Saturday - an all-day event in which we learn what to expect when I go in to labor...more than likely unexpectedly. Then we have our pre-admission appointment at the hospital so that when we show up they know who we are and we know where to go. Pretty smart idea, if you ask me.

The baby's feet aren't constantly in my rib cage anymore, as things are slowly starting to move downward I think. All I know is that I can take a deep breath comfortably now, and it's really nice.

Tim & Theresa are leaving this weekend for Rhode Island, where they'll get to see both Monique and Madeline! Madeline is over there at the girls' school for the summer, and she loves it so much that she has decided to stay for the school year. This really is huge for her, so I ask you to continue your prayers for her. Monique, a consecrated woman in Regnum Christi, is making her Solemn Renewal of her promises of poverty, chastity, and obedience on Saturday. I'm so glad that Tim & Theresa get to be there for it; it's where she'll receive her wedding ring, symbolic of her marriage to Our Lord. What an example for all of us. Keep her and all the other consecrated women in your prayers this weekend!

Other than that, not much going on. Just same ol'...but all that will change soon enough! :)

4 comments:

Michelle Zhang said...

Oh man. So much excitement.

I love hearing about babies. ^_^

Also, I would like to express my amusement at your book list.

Erin said...

Hey guys, glad you are getting those classes and pre-admission stuff done...it feels good to have it all done with. Carrie, you look great!! You must post pics of the baby's room and will wait to see those from the shower! I remember the nerves about the delivery and I dont think they really subsided until that little bundle of sweetness is in your arms. luckily I had three great labor partners...

The Herring family said...

Babyghost,

No kidding...lots of excitement! I'm curious to hear what amuses you about our book list. :)

Val said...

Squishy Herring baby! I'm so excited for you guys :)